DISTINCTIVE AND UNIQUE FOR SOPHISTICATED ADVERTISING.
SMART-X® is a distinctive lightweight foam board for demanding visual communication applications.
This extremely lightweight, all-plastic board with weather and UV-resistant cover layers in impact-resistant solid polystyrene (HIPS) and a core of expanded polystyrene is completely insensitive to moisture. These properties mean that it is a lightweight material which can be used in outdoor applications for a period of up to two years without significant colour change.
SMART-X® is also an optimal substrate for direct digital printing due to its smooth surface structure and availability in large formats (up to 2 metres wide).
In addition, SMART-X® is a mono material composite made from polystyrene and is therefore 100% recyclable. SMART-X® perfectly meets the demand for ecological materials in the area of visual communication.
SMART-X® – THE GREEN ASPECT
- SMART-X® is a mono-material composite made from 100 % polystyrene (no adhesive between core and cover layers)
- Ecological - SMART-X® with a homogeneous compound is 100% recyclable
- About 95% of the production waste of the SMART-X® production is collected and recycled on-site
Thanks to the excellent ratio of extremely low weight and high rigidity and flatness, SMART-X® is ideal for the following two-dimensional applications:
- All types of signage, especially large-format or long and narrow signs – formats where other materials usually deform.
- Optimal for self-supporting, free-standing structures – directly printed – milled – shipped flat – assembled on site.
- Life-sized fashion displays made from SMART-X® – directly printed – contour milled – assembled on site – ready to go!
Available upon request.
|Colour||Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)|
|White||5 / 10 / 19||1220||2440|
|White||5 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 19||1000 – 1220||1000 – 4050|
|1500 – 2030||1000 – 4050|
All formats are standard formats ex works. Other thicknesses and formats are available upon request.
The colours visualised may vary from the original. To ensure exact colour matching please ask for a colour sample.